Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tech Integration

In our school, we are lucky enough to have a tech integrator who will come to our rooms and teach you how to use the applications and programs contained on our laptops. She is extremely knowledgeable and is a great asset to our school.

Once I decided to use GarageBand for my unit, I knew that I needed help to understand the entirety of what this program could do. I did not want to rely on my own understanding of its possibilities and functions, so I scheduled a meeting with our tech integrator. We met this past Thursday.

It turns out that I had figured out much of what this application could do in just playing around with it at my house. This was an advantage for us because we were able to move on to other aspects of the projects that I had not yet thought about. Like, how do I want students to share their recordings with other students? Do I want to show them on an LCD projector, or did I want them to create MP3 files and make some sort of playlist on itunes?

The tech integrator and I discussed all of the possibilities and she had recorded questions that she needed to which she needed to find answers, we were done. We scheduled a follow-up meeting for the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment