Monday, May 4, 2009

Collaboration w/ Colleague


Last week, my colleague and I met to discuss the course we're teaching next year. We discussed our unit as well, but we're really trying to nail down the structure of the combined course we're teaching. What's making this process difficult is that my colleague is struggling with the process of trying to convert a more linear approach to into a thematic one. We're trying to find some resources that talk specifically about creating a thematic approach to teaching history.

I've inserted a photo of a sort of brainstorm we had about how to best integrate all of the essential parts of what she needs to do with what I need to do. We're lucky that my curriculum is pretty process-oriented while hers is much more specific about content. We should be able to integrate our absolute must-haves in a pretty cohesive manner.

We're pretty excited about this process, though it's a bit daunting at this moment in time. Hopefully we'll have some time to meet soon and process this information even further. We did not talk about my stage three, but I feel like we made some headway into creating a sort of big picture vision that we have not yet had the chance to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment